Virtual Library Tour
Wednesday, September 16th, 8:00 PM EDT (Recording)
Friday, September 18th, 11:00 AM EDT (Recording)
- Get an inside look at all that SCAD Libraries have to offer. Join the library staff to uncover the myriad resources and services available to you throughout the fall and beyond.
September 21st, 4:30 PM EDT: Fine Arts, Liberal Arts (Zoom link)
October 5th, 4:30 PM EDT Building Arts, Fashion, Design (Zoom link)
October 19th, 4:30 PM EDT Communication Arts, Digital Media, Entertainment Arts (Zoom link)
- Get ready for a fast paced journey through some best bet library resources for majors in each of the SCAD schools.
Database Discovery Series
Friday, October 2nd, 1:00 PM EDT: Euromonitor Passport (to be rescheduled)
Wednesday, October 14th, 11:00 AM EDT Building Green (Recording)
Wednesday October 28th, 4:30 PM EDT Proquest (Zoom link)
- SCAD Libraries host various database workshops featuring expert company representatives showcasing search techniques and highlighting tips, tricks, and tools for using these amazing resources. Q&A sessions will be held following each of the presentations.
Setting the Scene
Friday, October 2nd, 4:00 PM EDT (Recording)
- Learn about techniques and resources for thinking outside the box, by leveraging research to mimic a time period or create a new world.
Wednesday Workshop Series
Wednesdays, 8:00-8:30 PM EDT
October 7th: Research Fix (Recording)
- How to search using keywords, Boolean Operators, and searching the databases at SCAD Libraries.
October 28th: Research Roundtable: Comic Books (Zoom Link)
- Professors Duncan, Beineke, and Kneece, along with recent SCAD grads Jes Wibowo and Cin Wibowo discuss how they use resources from SCAD Libraries to inform their comic book research.
November 4th: Finding Images (Zoom link)
- Learn methods and techniques to improve visual literacy skills and how to make informed decisions when selecting images.
Thursday, October 8th, 11:00 - 12:00 PM EDT (Zoom link)
- Explore a virtual showcase of "spooky" artists' books and gain inspiration for this year's inking challenge.
Graduate Thesis Workshop
Friday, October 9th, 2:00 - 3:00 PM EDT (Zoom link)
- Join staff from graduate advising, SCAD Libraries, and The Writers' Studio to cover questions about thesis requirements, including strategies for choosing committees, organizing research, and accessing available resources.
Artists' Books in October
Thursday, October 15th, 1:00 - 2:00 PM EDT (Zoom link)
- Explore a virtual showcase of artists' books with a focus on activism and get inspiration for your next book project!
Night at the Museum
Wednesday, October 21st, 8:00 - 9:00 PM EDT (Zoom link)
- Join SCAD Librarians for a field trip through virtual image libraries and museum collections to explore and discover items that will inspire your own creations.
Research, Write, Rewrite: Crafting Excellent Essays from Brainstorming to Revision
Tuesday, October 27th, 2:00 - 3:30 PM EDT (Zoom link)
- Whether you are just getting started or tying up loose ends, drop into this session co-hosted by the Writers' Studio and SCAD Libraries. Bring your individual topic or project to get some expert advice!
Textiles, Patterns and Stitches
Friday, October 30th, 1:00 PM EDT (Zoom link)
- Explore a virtual showcase of artists' books featuring fibers, embellishments and other unique materials and techniques. Participants will gain inspiration for future projects and learn about the range of book binding resources available at SCAD!