Online Workshops for Winter 2021
Virtual Library Tour
Friday, January 8th, 11:00 AM EST (Zoom link)
Friday, February 5th, 11:00 AM EST (Zoom link)
- Get an inside look at all that SCAD Libraries have to offer. Join the library staff to uncover the myriad resources and services available to you throughout the winter and beyond.
Thesis Research and Writing Group
Sundays, 2:00-3:30 PM EST (Zoom Link)
- Get your thesis research and writing done! Attend weekly focused research and writing sessions. Whatever stage your thesis is in, use this shared commitment time and productive space to set some goals, work on your research, complete some writing, learn what others are working on, and receive assistance when needed. For more information, email Jen Ditkoff at email@example.com.
Database Discovery Series
Wednesday, January 13th, 11:30 AM EST: Oxford Art Online (Recording)
Friday, January 22nd, 11:00 AM EST: Data Axle (Zoom link)
Friday, January 29th, 11:30 EST: Euromonitor (Zoom link)
Wednesday, February 3th, 10:00 EST: Berg Fashion Library (Zoom link)
- SCAD Libraries host various database workshops featuring expert company representatives showcasing search techniques and highlighting tips, tricks, and tools for using these amazing resources. Q&A sessions will be held following each of the presentations.
Creating Strong Research Questions
Friday, January 15th, 2:00 PM EST (Zoom link)
- This graduate writing workshop will cover how to write the over-arching thesis statement and connect writing research questions for the methodology section of your thesis.
Research Roundtable: Art History
Thursday, January 28th, 2:00 PM EST (Zoom link)
- Join Professor Young and Professor Dominguez, plus current SCAD students, to discuss how they use resources from SCAD Libraries to inform their art history research.
Creative Copyright: Finding and Using Images for Your Projects
Friday, February 12th, 2:00 PM EST (Zoom link)
- Learn the basics of copyright law and using information ethically. Explore where to find reusable content and get comfortable with using creative commons licensing for projects and assignments.
How To: Garden
Friday, February 26th, 2:00 PM EST (Zoom link)
- SCAD Libraries and SCAD faculty members will share researching gardening at SCAD Libraries, how to start your own garden, and finding botanical inspiration for your projects and assignments.
Getting Started With Open Education Resources
Friday, March 5th, 2:00 PM EST (Zoom link)
- Discover a whole world of open information. This workshop covers the basics of open educational resources (OER), including what they are, why and how to use them, and where to find them.