Tips for choosing and developing research, presentations, or idea boards
- Identify a topic that is interesting to you, but also fits assignment requirements.
- Begin exploring the topic as early as possible.
- Test-search the topic in the library catalog.
- No results? Or too many results? Try re-phrasing or re-wording the search terms.
- Read a few sources to learn about the topic and gain ideas - then follow up with more searches.
- It is okay to revise the topic based on the availability and discovery of new information.
Download this worksheet to brainstorm a topic and identify related concepts to research.