This guide is an introduction to the library and our services for SCAD Faculty. You may navigate the guide using the tabs at the top. We hope that this will answer any questions about how Faculty can use the library to support their courses as well as for their own research needs.
SCAD Libraries provides access to many online and print materials that support the college's curriculum and cover a wide array of subjects.
The Libraries' extensive holdings include:
Services to faculty include:
1. Encourage students to consult with a librarian.
2. Direct students towards a variety of library resources including print, electronic, and multimedia.
3. Suggest specific databases or other library resources by name to students.
4. Discuss academic honesty and what constitutes plagiarism, as well as the consequences.
5. Review criteria for evaluating sources.
6. Define research.
8. Break the research assignment into manageable parts.
9. Explain how research will be evaluated.
10. Collaborate with a librarian to design a research assignment that employs critical thinking.